Thursday 13 August 2009

Another 'Wacky' Tennis Publicity Shot.

No other sport would allow it's star participants to look so stupid, so regularly as Tennis.

I can neither confirm or deny the rumour that Elena Dementieva double-faulted the next point.

Plaudits to Kim Clijsters. Returning from a retirement break of over two years in Cincinatti, she's already taken out Bartoli, Schnyder and Kuznetsova this week. With so many of the top WTA players struggling for consistency, my suggestion in a post a number of months ago that Clijsters could regain the number one spot is not looking particularly far-fetched. And great to see a couple of players - Clijsters and Sam Stosur -who can be relied upon not to disintegrate into a nerve-strangled jelly when approaching the finish line. Recent WTA-watching has made me extremely cautious of placing any bets whatsoever - trader's dream, gambler's nightmare.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have recently started a blog and I have added a link to your blog on my new one. I was wondering if you could do the same?
    Thanks
    Paul
    http://conqueringsportsbetting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete