Friday 7 August 2009

Quiet Friday Night In


No, these pictures of The Zutons’ Abi Harding have nothing to do with my post tonight, but they were taken by me last weekend, and are probably more interesting that my day’s betting. I did take some of the lead singer, Dave McCabe, honest, but they haven’t, er, come out that well.

My first goal of the month has been achieved – back in the black (just), having picked off a series of small soccer bets over the last two evenings, and gained a little horse racing profit.

Tennis has been a frustrating hell. I think I’m being overcautious in my attempt to avoid loose bets. The nature of the sport is that odds often swing, and I’m trading out of positions too early, with all-reds in games where my original selection went on to win. How I managed to end up with a loss tonight, having initially backed the eventual winner Soriana Cirstea pre-match at 2.80ish…. Fundamentally, I can’t pick a bet at the moment, which is more irritating. If your starting position is regularly wrong, life’s a struggle. Hopefully my touch will come back soon.

I hope I can make some progress with horse racing. It really is an enjoyable and efficient sport to bet on, as the hundreds of pre-race traders out there will know. Races at steady 10/15 minute intervals, and a result and closure within minutes. It’s certainly easier on the nerves than following the WTA.

3 comments:

  1. Hello mate very nice pictures indeed! Are you looking at trading the horse racing or betting on them? I would say stay well away from the betting side unless you have a real edge. Your disadvantage to people in the know will always be your downfall. Add to this your premium charge or bookies juice and your behind before you've even started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm simply laying, with the intention of making a few quid each day to top up my tennis and soccer betting. I've always stayed away from horse racing for exactly the reason you've noted. I'm only continuing because my P&L says I can make a modest profit. If that changes, I'll stop. The only edge I'll obtain is from what I read on websites and blogs. Logically, based on probability I shouldn't win. I can only monitor my P&L and follow what it tells me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shes a babe, i think il have to have a listen to the Zutons, you dont get many saxophone playing gorgeous birds in the death metal bands i normally listen to.

    ReplyDelete