Monday 11 January 2010

10,000 Up.

Many thanks to all who have brought me to 10,000 hits on the blog. I’m sure there are other blogs with hits many multiples higher than this one ( particularly those who make much more money than I do! ), but it’s certainly more than I expected when I started eleven months ago. It’s an average of around 62 hits per post, and as I never bother to publicise the blog, I’m happy with that – it certainly makes it worthwhile writing.

A shocking weekend on the betting front. I’ve never been able to make profits from my three main sports simultaneously, and this weekend it’s been football that’s kicked me in the nuts. I managed to develop a new skill – turning a win into a loss. I took two big all-reds on games where the final result would have given me a profit – a lay of Everton, and a back of Inter Milan. Both games had late goals – too late for me, and I’d bailed out well before the goals came to kick me in the teeth. So football goes into the red for the year, and as much as it pains me, recent P&L’s suggest my time is better spent on horse racing! Maybe I’ll just be a little bit more cautious with the football betting for a while, certainly until I’ve managed to raise my bank balance a little.

After a further couple of setbacks today, including two successive winning lays at Southwell and another all-red taken on a football result that finished up in my favour, I packed in for the a few hours to avoid my punting becoming reckless. I had a session reading a few blogs, and found a few pictures of interest on failblog.org. The quality on the site is a bit hit and miss, but I liked the few I’ve added below.









4 comments:

  1. Keep up the entertainment Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Rob on the 10,000 hits and I really enjoy your blog - so keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Rob, on the 10,000..I'm hoping to get there by the end of Jan, start of February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice going mate, but I think keeping a gambling/trading blog going for 11 months is probably the bigger achievement. So many come and go but you've been here posting away for practically a full year. I salute you sir!

    ReplyDelete