Friday 13 February 2009

First Post

For my first post thought I'd give a short history of how I got here ( to this blog, not to this earth).

I have been internet betting for probably four years or so, initially with William Hill and then Bet365, losing moderate amounts of money in exchange for the thrill of competing with the bookies. I switched to Betfair around a year ago, coincidentally around the time I resigned my job in the housebuilding industry with the intention of having a short break after 25 years in the same career.

So a 6 month break followed by a new challenge with a house builder, eh. Bugger. My 6 months took me to June 2008, and the only jobs available in housebuilding were those in clearance of closed office buildings. At least I never had to make any of my staff redundant, a job my successor has had to do regularly in the last year.

So with my savings dwindling, I needed an income boost and decided that, contrary to what my Betfair P&L was telling me at that point, I could make an income on Betfair. All I needed to do was cut out my mistakes.......

I'll bring my story up to date in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment