Sunday 15 February 2009

2009 so far

Time to bring my intro up to date.

I've just completed week 6 of the year on a 'phew' moment, having backed the Benfica / Pacos Ferriera match under 4.5 goals at 1.02 at a 0-0 half time! Managed to escape with a £1 loss from an original £105 stake, despite the 3-2 result.


So how has my £700/week target gone so far? P&L of +£4,200? Er, no. P&L of +£784 actually. Am I disappointed? No, not really. I have generally achieved a consistent method of making profit, and feel I've moved past my haphazard early methods to a betting style I'm comfortable with.


I've gone badly astray twice in the period -
  • The Australian Open was a disaster for me. I've never been good with the Grand Slams, too many opportunities. I turn into a kiddy in a sweet shop and forget the techniques I've been successful with. Combine this with betting in-play at a time when I should be safely under a duvet, and the result is horrible. Memorable failures - Dudi Sela, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Robin Soderling, Phillip Kohlschreiber.

  • Australia v South Africa. First One Day International. I picked the worst possible moment to have an 'oh f--- it' moment, throwing a huge chunk of my stake pot on Australia to win shortly after Neil McKenzie was dismissed, leaving SA to get 50 in 5 overs with 7 wickets down. As Cricinfo said at that time - 'It's all down to Albie now'. And I then watched as Albie Morkel smashed the Aussie attack around from the moment I pressed the 'Confirm' button, with the market swinging round so quickly I had little chance to recover any of my stake.

A quick check reveals that my P&L can be broken down as - Main Wallet +£2,063, Aussie Wallet -£990, Bet365 -£289. If I disregard the above balls-ups ( as all gambling optimists do ) I made circa £2000 over 6 weeks.

Not exactly £700/week, but heading in the right direction. I have been involved in a business venture which has taken up quite a bit of my time, so I'm generally happy with my progress.

Plenty of tennis in the week ahead, so looking forward in positive mood.




No comments:

Post a Comment