Wednesday 30 December 2009

Nothing Left In The 2009 Tank

I’m slowly bringing my betting 2009 to a close with a whimper, before a two day trip to London for New Year. I made a disastrous return to the laptop following the Christmas break, with a ‘session from hell’ on Monday evening. Tired, slightly sniffly and frustrated from a painful journey home, I attacked the evening’s sport with the thoughtful application of a bull terrier full of turkey leftovers. It was almost an out-of-body experience as I piled into each transaction, dull old thoughts like ‘bank management’, ‘exit strategy’ and ‘risk reduction’ left far behind, instead just backing my, er, judgement. Result – a predictable meltdown. Not exactly tarnishing my December P&L, more dousing it in paintstripper.

I’m sure you can find a more detailed comment somewhere in my blog about the dangers of betting when in the wrong frame of mind. And probably another one about not learning lessons. Bah.

So two rather more circumspect days to finish the year. Considerably less exciting, but both with a green end result. Typically, my last bet of the year lost. So lots to take into 2010, positive and negative, from an interesting 2009. I’ll prepare a couple of review posts, for the month and year, when I return. Until then, Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Rob - one of the more entertaining betting blogs out there.

    Cassini

    http://green-all-over.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete