Thursday 17 December 2009

New Betting Technique

For the last two days, I've been developing a new technique I'll call the 'Robin Hood' style, whereby I take from those villainous racing backers, and give back to the needy football punter.


Note for 2010: Europa League = bollocks. Just leave alone.

I escaped fairly unscathed from last night's football action, although I scratched most of my Europa League punts. It turned into a good night for an odds-on backer in the domestic footy, so I finished with an overall profit.

Tonight - car crash. I tried to avoid teams with nothing to play for, and still managed to lay winners with unerring accuracy, starting with Timisoara in the early game, and following up with Levski Sofia and Salzburg in the second batch of matches. I scurried around for a couple of hours to trade out my losses, but still ended up giving back most of my racing profit from earlier in the evening.

Just to complete a frustrating evening, during a weak moment I spotted an in-play tennis match - some pointless French exhibition tournament - and was sucked into backing Julian Benneteau ( read through my blog for previous cock-ups involving Benneteau ) against no-hoper David Guez, as the game went into a final tie-break. I soon came to my senses, cancelled out my bet to leave a potential £30 loss on Guez, and a 42p profit on Benneteau. Then I had a lucky break as Guez faltered a couple of times at match point, and Benneteau wrapped it up.

JS commented on my last post about how I deal with losses. It strikes me that I'm still susceptible to chasing a loss, but only for a short time. If I can hang on in there for a few minutes, the need to chase quickly subsides, and I can move forward positively. The Benneteau back was made at that moment of weakness. Until I can totally extinguish this failing, I'll underachieve.

Anyway, the day ended green. Although I'm not sure it was worth the shredded nerves.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I lay a winner in running I pop out the kitchen, glass of water, walk in circles and think about it. Thats it then, that 2mins when I'm seething (sometimes) I'm in the kitchen and not in front of the laptop so I cant do anything stupid. Then listen to a song on youtube or something when youre back to get settled, (like Joe McElderry or whatever.. haha). You'd be nearing a clear head after that, its just getting past that "moment" straight after when the heads wrecked..!

    ReplyDelete