Tuesday 30 June 2009

June. God, that went quick.



So June ends as it started, in the second week of a Grand Slam, meaning a quiet week so far. My month has been dominated by Tennis , and is split into two halves. I had a red second week to the French Open, and at mid-month hovered around zero. A decent run in the second batch of grasscourt warm-up events and a steady first week of Wimbledon brought me back to an acceptable monthly total.

I’ve enjoyed Wimbledon, although it’s been frustrating to follow most of the action via Flashscore on my I-phone. I suppose Murray / Federer and Williams / Williams finals would be predictable, but watching the world’s best clash should make for a great spectacle over the weekend. Tomorrow, I’ll predict wins for Federer, Murray, Djokovic and Roddick. Original, eh? However, my money’s staying firmly in my pocket.

So I’m working steadily towards my target bank ? Well, no. I actually removed slightly more from my account than I made in the month. Haven’t quite made my expenditure match my limited income recently, so earlier than intended I’m creating a steady second income stream. So I suppose I’ll try to win slightly more than I withdraw in the coming months, nudging my bank higher in the process.

I’m looking forward to the start of the American tennis season, with play aligned to my time at home on the laptop. A few low key events in July, before the big stuff kicks in during August. So let’s aim for a third consecutive steady month, and then make hay in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment