Sunday 11 April 2010

Tired?

Oh, to be able to have relaxing days at home, with just a laptop and the IPL for company as you use your skills to make a couple of hundred quid each day from Betfair.

Ok, as I’ve previously pointed out, it’s not quite that simple in practise ( I’ve tried it ). But generally, when your main income generator is trading on Betfair, during the time you spend in front of the screen, you’re in a decent mental and physical state to take on the market, so have every opportunity.

Those in this fortunate situation should spare a thought for the majority, whose attempts to profit are often made after long days working. A well-tuned brain can overcome adversity, keep wins and losses in perspective, and maintain concentration and objectives. When tiredness is added to the mix, the lessened mental ability brings to the fore those enemies of profit – frustration, momentary lapses in concentration, despondency, overconfidence. I’ve noticed that when work has been more intense, my ability to make profit declines. In response to my dismal results in March, I’ve tried to spend a little less time on Betfair, and have shorter spells in front of the screen. I’m hardly pulling up trees in April, but my time has felt more like a hobby than a chore. So that’s a result. And my eyes look better for it.

Two successive weekends away have put an enforced reduction on my Betfair time ( and my blogging time ). I certainly now feel refreshed and ready for my next task – to rebuild a bank without getting frustrated. Any regular readers will have spotted that once I get down below a couple of hundred quid, I tend to lose interest and often throw away money. But I also detest depositing money into my Betfair account – betting is low down my priorities of how to spend my hard earned cash. So I’m hoping to spend the remainder of April just nudging forward towards creating a bank within my comfort zone.

My main excuse for a lack of blogs is slightly odd – for some reason I generally bet whilst stood up, yet write blog posts slumped on the sofa. No, I haven’t a clue why, just habit. And with a sciatic nerve playing up a little when I sit for any length of time, I’ve had no wish to write. So a secondary task for April – train myself to blog whilst stood up!

No comments:

Post a Comment